Coronavirus Guidance Update
Within the Ted Wragg Trust, the safety of students and staff is paramount: this includes mental, emotional and physical wellbeing. And education is precious. We are committed to continuing to provide our pupils with high-quality and meaningful learning experiences both on site and at home where necessary.
We have put together a frequently asked questions document for parents, to re-assure them of what to do in various situations relating to COVID-19. Please click below to access the document.
For further information about COVID-19 in children follow the below NHS link.
For further information on accessing a COVID-19 test follow the below Devon County Council link.
We take our responsibilities to our community and as an employer very seriously, and have a strong system of controls in place to ensure that the risks of coronavirus (COVID-19) presented to students, staff and visitors are reduced to an acceptable level.
You can access our Trust wide Safe Operating during Covid-19 Policy, on our policies page here which includes the following:
No access with symptoms
- Minimising contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that pupils or members of staff who have coronavirus symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend school.
- We actively support the NHS Track and Trace approach and keep detailed records of contact groups to rapidly identify any risk and ensure isolation protocols are followed.
Enhanced Cleaning & Hygiene
- All schools have an enhanced cleaning regime including frequent cleaning of key touch points, and cleaning materials accessible to staff to maintain high standards during the day.
- Strict hygiene measures with regular hand washing and / or sanitisation are in place.
- Good respiratory hygiene is followed, using the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- Unnecessary contact is reduced as far as possible with the use of ‘bubbles’, staggering start and finish times as well as lunch, break times and movement around schools.
Maintain Distance outside of ‘bubbles’
- Social distancing guidelines are followed as far as possible, with one-way systems and reorganised layouts in classrooms and communal spaces to support this.
- We recognise that this cannot be completely maintained and will adapt processes, alter activities or use other measures such as wearing of PPE where appropriate.
Our Health & Safety experts have carried out detailed academy specific Risk Assessments and have calculated the safe physical space in our classrooms and on our sites. The Risk Assessments will be reviewed each week and each site will be inspected for compliance.
Further details of operations at each school site will be communicated directly to parents, carers and pupils through usual means.
Full Risk Assessments for each site are available from the following links:
This guidance may change and the Ted Wragg Trust are constantly monitoring the situation, for further information relating to education and full opening for schools click here.