We are looking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher – Maths. The purpose of the job will be to:
• To provide professional leadership and management for the faculty in order to secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and attainment for all pupils.
All Saints Academy is school in the heart of Plymouth. We are a small school and have 650 students on roll (full capacity). We value our staff and do this by having sensible policies and clear systems in place, such as:
• We do not expect staff to write endless feedback to students. We do not do WWW or EBI but instead have a fast whole class feedback approach and live marking.
• We do not expect you to set homework. This is already planned and set for you with our ‘Need to Know’ Booklets.
• You will not be expected to attend pointless meetings. We value CPD time and to that extent have weekly department and whole staff CPD.
• We do not grade lessons or have formal observations. Instead we invest in incremental coaching, where all staff have a trained coach to watch parts of a lesson and feedback. You will get more out of this than any formal observation or training course.
• We value our future leaders and, along with the Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust, we invest in the talent development of our staff.
• Your lessons won’t be disrupted by poor behaviour as we have a place where students go if they can’t focus in your lesson.
• Lesson resources are prepared for you, using high quality schemes of learning developed by expert leaders across our school and the Trust. We use booklets in lessons for students to work in, fully resourced. You will be free to deliver these how you please, but there is no need or expectation to be planning every night of the week!
• We offer a staff attendance reward policy, where staff can claim vouchers. • We have corporate membership to the Elfordleigh Hotel and use this for staff events/training. Staff can also access discounted membership rates for their spa and sports.
• Staff can access free health checks with Nuffield Health.
We wish to appoint an outstanding candidate for the role, who has an excellent track record for improving outcomes for children and a willingness to go the ‘extra mile’, such as offering extra curricular clubs for our students. We are part of the Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust. If you’d like a tour of the Academy or an informal conversation with the Headteacher, please contact Katie Plant, Executive Assistant to the Headteacher on firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
The Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust based in Exeter is a values-driven growing Trust, committed to the transformation of lives through education, ensuring that the Trust delivers outstanding outcomes for every pupil.
The Ted Wragg Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and operate in accordance with the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before an appointment is confirmed. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English. The Trust is committed to ensuring that our employees are able to achieve their full potential in an environment offering dignity, respect and equality of opportunity.
Closing date: 17th May, 12 noon
Interviews: W/C 24 May
Start date: September 2021