Child Protection & Safeguarding Lead (Maternity Cover)
Grade E, £24,012 – £27,041 pa (£16,520 – £18,604 pa actual)
30 hours per week x 39 weeks (term time only)
We are looking for a part-time Child Protection & Safeguarding Lead to support the Head of Safeguarding / Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) on Child Protection, Children in Care, general safeguarding and admission procedures.
The post is crucial in ensuring that all vulnerable students are provided with a full and appropriate level of support and that all appropriate legal requirements are met for young people with Child in Need (CIN), Child Protection (CP) Plans and for Children in Care (CIC). In addition, the postholder will provide a front line service in terms of direct contact and support for young people and their families within the School context and liaison with other appropriate agencies.
You should be an excellent communicator, with previous experience of working with children and young people in an educational settings. You should have a good understanding of childhood development and adverse childhood experiences and understand the principles of THRIVE / Relational Approaches to Behaviour / Boxhall / Attachment based mentoring.
Key duties include:
- Undertake the documentation of disclosures relating to Child Protection and Safeguarding issues from both pupils and staff;
- Establish constructive relationships and communicating with other agencies and professionals to support students / parents and carers;
- Provide support for young people following a disclosure and be present if required at interviews with Police, Social Services and other agencies;
- Support students with CIN, CP and safeguarding issues within the School’s set procedures;
- Attend CIN, CP, CIC, TAC and other meetings;
- Attend Core Group meetings for students with CP Plans, representing the School to agree pupil progress and review plans and reporting back to the DSL as appropriate;
- Lead on and prepare appropriate reports for statutory meetings, including core review meetings, CIC, CIN and CP multi-agency; and
- Ensure all relevant information relating to safeguarding and Child Protection issues is captured, accurately recorded and stored in chronologies in line with School procedures and best practice.
The post is temporary linked to maternity cover.
If successful, you will be an employee of the Ted Wragg Multi Academy Trust, a charitable foundation trust, which works with schools in Exeter and the local community to raise the aspirations of young people and enable them to become fulfilled, confident and motivated citizens, able to contribute actively to a democratic society. All students within the Ted Wragg Trust, regardless of social or cultural background, are motivated to succeed and make outstanding progress because their needs are met through creative, relevant and innovative provision.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and Disclosure by Association will be required for the post.
If you wish to apply for the post, you can access a copy of the job description and application form from the Campus website: www.cranbrookeducationcampus.org.uk
The closing date is 9.00am, Friday 24th September 2021.
Completed applications should be sent to Clare Sellick, Business Support Officer, Cranbrook Education Campus, Tillhouse Road, Cranbrook, EX5 7EE, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org