The Opportunity: Premises Lead at Exwick Heights Primary
If you have experience in premises management and a positive, can do attitude, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you. Exwick Heights Primary School is looking for a hard-working, reliable and proactive premises manager to join our dedicated and enthusiastic staff. This is a new role and we are keen to find an individual as committed as we are to provide the best learning environment for our school community. The successful candidate will be committed to sharing in the development and success of our school.
Duties will include ensuring the premises are always clean and tidy, preparing plans for maintenance, overseeing security arrangements, portering, monitoring health and safety compliance and managing the premises budget. Enthusiasm and a willingness to adapt are considered essential qualities.
If this advert speaks to your own aspirations and you are excited by the chance to play an instrumental role in creating an outstanding school for our children and their families, then we would love to hear from you.
About Exwick Heights Primary:
Exwick Heights is a large primary school which opened in January 2007 and is part of the Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust. Staff at Exwick Heights Primary School encourages everyone to give of their best, to be independent and lifelong learners and to be proud of their own and others achievement. This message rings true at every level across our school community.
What We Are Looking
The ideal candidate will:
- Have recognised training/qualifications associated with premises management
- An awareness of health and safety procedures to minimise risk in the school environment where possible
- Is practical and self-motivated; has skills in DIY, gardening and property maintenance
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of building maintenance works eg plumbing, carpentry, electrical
- A good understanding of the school environment, including the safeguarding of children.
Why Work at Exwick Heights Primary?
As a member of our team, you will role model and strive to exemplify virtues such as curiosity, honesty, perseverance, and how we can serve others. In return, we commit to giving you the time, inspiration and support to flourish.
- Relevant training opportunities
- A supportive, friendly environment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an employee assistance programme.
Salary: Grade D £20,092 – £22,183 pro-rata basis (actual £17,648 – £19,485)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
Contract term: Permanent