We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspiring Second in Charge of English from September 2020 to contribute to the leadership and delivery of outstanding learning in our hard working and dedicated English Department.
The successful applicant will be a consistently excellent classroom practitioner; passionate about inspiring students in their mastering of English; ambitious and eager to take the next step in their professional development; and a confident and inspirational leader (in the making) who can work with existing post-holders to further build the department and sustain excellent outcomes.
Key responsibilities of the post will, in part, be defined by the successful candidate. They will include supporting the Head of Department in:
- Accountability for the progress of all pupils in learning English across the school
- Constantly improving the quality of teaching and learning, where necessary holding teachers to account
- Leading the design and implementation of assessment at KS3
- Being a role model of outstanding teaching in the department
- Coaching teachers in the department using frequent observations and drop ins to drive development
- Analysing pupil progress and attainment data to make informed decisions about how to best support students.
We have a lovely staff body here at St James who are committed and passionate about all that they do. We work closely with other schools in the Ted Wragg Multi Academy Trust and are currently developing an aligned curriculum that will allow for shared resources and expertise. We offer our staff weekly coaching sessions, bespoke CPD, in-house career progression opportunities and regular staff-wellbeing events.
At St James, our work is underpinned by the following four pillars:
- Having uncompromising high standards for all
- Keeping the arts at the heart of the school
- Valuing being outward facing
- Practising kindness
If you share these values, are driven and are prepared to go that extra mile to support our students, then we would welcome your application.
We would welcome visits to the school prior to applications, should you wish to arrange one please contact Emily Harper, Deputy Headteacher by email email@example.com
Application forms and further information are available from our website:
The Ted Wragg Multi Academy Trust is a values driven, rapidly growing 2 – 16 Trust with a relentless focus on transforming lives through learning by delivery outstanding outcomes for every pupil, regardless of background. With a reputation for highly successful school improvement in very challenging circumstances, we are passionate about driving up standards and raising the aspirations of all our pupils
The Ted Wragg Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and operate in accordance with the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before an appointment is confirmed